A wonderful addition to any celebration!
- 2 shallots sliced thinly and caramalized
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp ground rosemary
- 1/4 tsp tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 125 grams havariti cut into small peices
- Combine caramelized shallot, garlic, egg, bread crumbs or crackers, rosemary, pepper flakes, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix in the turkey. Shape the turkey mixture into 1 ¼ inch-diameter meatballs. Push havarti pieces into middle of meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer the meatballs to a baking pan, bake at 350°F, for approximately 10 minutes or until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with hot pepper jelly or cranberry sauce with orange zest.
Share this Recipe